Easy Peasy DIY Picture frame

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011


This DIY is so easy it doesn't even justify a tutorial.   However, I still wanted to share because it just came out so good.  I started with these sticks found on the beach.



They are actually part of the fencing used to rebuild dunes like here:



I guess it's being beaten by the sand and wind and bleached by the sun but they have a perfect patina.  I love it.  Plus they are very easy to come by (if you happen to be at a beach), and broken pieces tend to pile up with the shells and drift wood. 
Ok back to the task at hand...  I mitered the edges then used wood glue to glue them together.   A (very, very) ugly frame had to be disassembled for parts.  So I glued my beach wood to the back of the sacrificed frame:




 and voila!


2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 27, 2013 at 4:29 AM  

You need to take part in a contest for one of the finest sites online.
I most certainly will highly recommend this website!


Here is my weblog waist hip ratio

Post a Comment